Tallinn is situated on the northern coast of Estonia and is the capital of Estonia. It has a humid continental climate with cold winters. There are around 60 museums in Tallinn and is the cultural Hub of the country. It still has walled, cobblestoned old Town and few churches from the 13th century.
Things to do-
- Vanalinn- Also known as the Old Town of Tallinn, it is in the list of world Heritage sites of UNESCO.
- Toompea- It is the center of the Government and Parliament of Estonia and is a limestone hill about 20-30 meters high.
- Alexander Nevsky Cathedral- It is a cathedral of the 19th century built in Russian revival style.
- Raekoja Plats- It is a gothic style town hall present on main old town square
- Kadriorg Palace- A palace which was built in Baroque architecture and is now used as a museum of foreign art.
- St Mary’s Cathedral- This is a church of the medieval period built by Danes in 13th century.
- Kumu- It is one of the largest Art Museums of Europe with both national and international art works.
- Pikk Hermann- It is another tower of the medieval period and is worth a visit.
- Estonia Open air Museum
- Estonia Maritime Museum
Where to stay?
Some of the best hotels of Estonia are-
- Hotel Imperial- This hotel has a casual restaurant, a pub , a bar and sauna service. It also provides its customers with complimentary breakfast.
- Hotel St. Petersbourg- It is a historical hotel made up of stone and provides refined rooms and free breakfast.
- Nordic Hotel Forum- A classy hotel with an indoor pool, a spa and offers free breakfast.
- Hilton Tallinn Park- It is a contemporary property with a café, pool, bar, gym and spa.
- Tallinn city Hotel- A beautiful Glass Hotel with casual rooms and offers free breakfast and Wi Fi.